Monday, February 3, 2014

Valentine's Day Mantle


I usually don't decorate too much for Valentine's Day but I thought my mantle needed some color. And having all boys,when am I ever going to get a chance to decorate with pink. I looked all over Pinterest and found all kinds of fun and simple projects to do. I started with the banner.


I cut the hearts on my Cricut. If you craft a lot and don't have a Cricut I suggest you go get one. It is a life saver and thanks to my mimi, I received one a few years back for Christmas. Thanks Mimi!

They needed a little something after I cut them so I added glitter to the edges, punched 2 small holes and threaded the ribbon through.


I wanted to say something different than Happy Valentine's Day, Be Mine or I love you. So, what better verse is there than John 3:16 to show God's ultimate LOVE for humanity.

Supplies:

craft letters
acrylic paint
paint brush (I like foam brushes)
glitter

Super simple just paint 2 layers, sprinkle with glitter. Voila!

The vase and flowers, on the left of the mantle, are both from the Dollar Store. The vase was originally clear so I spray painted it white. While I was at the Dollar Store I also picked up some clear candle holders (tons of things you can do with them), another clear vase, Valentine picks and some Sweetheart candy. I love the Dollar Store!






I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day and don't forget to tell your loved ones how special they are to you!!

Another lemon dropped in the bucket.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you started a blog. Your sister told me you were crafty and now that I've seen your projects I'm impressed! Never would have thought to spray paint clear candle holders and I just LOVE your mantle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. It's just the beginning and I love it!

      Delete