Saturday, February 15, 2014

Mason Candy Jars


I love the look of old vintage candy jars. Here is an easy way to make some for yourself.  I've used them for birthday gifts, thank you's or to just tell someone they are special and that I was thinking of them. They are very quick and cheap to make.

Supplies:

clear candle holder (The Dollar Store)
spray paint (flat is best)
mason jars
wooden balls (Hobby Lobby)
Gorilla Glue
E6000 glue


  1. Spray paint the candle holders, mason jar lid and wooden ball. I needed three layers on the candle holders in order to cover all the glass. 
  2. After completely dry, I glued the mason jar to the candle holder with E6000 glue and the wooden ball to the top of the lid with Gorilla Glue. 
  3. Let dry and filled with favorite candy. I add a hand printed card with ribbon and tie it to the top of the mason jar. 
I keep one in my office all the time filled with lemon drops. Yummy!  

Another lemon dropped in the bucket. 



7 comments:

  1. Thanks Kristi. They were so much fun to make too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got paint for metal, but the paint is flaking off. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you find it to be top heavy? I'd like to do the clay pots but this version is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's strong epoxy adhesive normally used on woods, glass, and concrete etc. You can find in most craft stores or Walmart

    ReplyDelete