Sunday, April 6, 2014

Painted Mason Jars!!!



I love mason jars. I don't know how I lived without them for most of my life. I use to think they were just old, dirty, ugly jars my grandma had in her pantry. And usually they were filled with really weird looking foods. But now I know they were hidden jewels and my grandma knew.

 I loved how this turned out but I had to spend some time getting it covered completely.


Supplies:

mason jar
glass enamel paint (Hobby Lobby)
sponge brush


The directions say you can either paint it on with a sponge brush or swirl the paint around the inside of the jar.  I found when I painted (the inside) it was very hard not to leave paint strokes. So I poured about 1/2 of the paint into the mason jar and swirled it around. I had to keep adding more paint until I was satisfied how it looked. I let it dry over night but I noticed the extra paint had pooled to the bottom of the jar. The paint was still wet enough so I turned it over on wax paper and let it drip out. It worked but the inside didn't turn out very pretty but who's looking inside...lol!

Another lemon dropped in the bucket!

No comments:

Post a Comment